Duramesh 155 LW 1.0m is a glass fibre and co-polymer based composite offers a versatile and cost effective alternative in a variety of reinforcement applications. Duramesh consists of woven fiberglass mesh, impregnated and coated with specially designed acrylic co-polymers.
Unlike metal based alternatives, Duramesh does not break down due to corrosion and is easy to use, pliable, cuts effortlessly and lies flat. Duramesh exceeds all the requirements on tensile strength and chemical resistance. Duramesh is resistant to acid, salt, water and alkali attack, therefore screed and plaster thicknesses can be considerably reduced in marine constructions.
Duramesh-reinforced cementitious layers are tougher, longer wearing and more economical to maintain.
- Apply a thin coat of wet plaster to the surface.
- Embed Duramesh into the base coat.
- Apply a second coat of thicker plaster until surface is smooth and Duramesh is at least 2 to 3mm under the plaster surface.
*Duramesh strips should overlap by at least 10cm.
*Stainless steel or Galvanized staples can be used to anchor Duramesh to the first plaster layer.
Advantages of Duramesh 155 LW 1.0m
- Less plaster or screeds
- Corrosion and rust resistant
- Metal free composition
- Lower maintenance
- User-friendly applicationHigh Tensile strength
- Cost effective
- Dissipates internal stresses found in cementitious layers while strengthening layers
- Mosaic tile backing
- Under floor heating
- Artificial rock building
- Marble slab reinforcement
- Thermal insulation reinforcement
- Light weight partitioning reinforcement
- Polymer concrete reinforcement
- Floor reinforcement
- Tile reinforcement
- Soil retention