Fabric Prepreg Reinforcements
Shop our range of Fabric & Prepreg Reinforcements including Carbon, Glass, Aramid, Hybrid, Sprint & SE 84LV.
Shop by Fabric & Prepreg Reinforcements Category
Fabric & Prepreg Reinforcements
Prepregs are composite materials in which a reinforcement fiber is pre-impregnated with a thermoplastic or thermoset resin matrix in a certain ratio. Prepregs have unique properties as they are cured under high temperatures and pressures.
Generally, the resin matrix in prepregs is partially cured for ease of handling and is stored in a cool place to prevent complete polymerization. This B- stage prepreg will need to be heated in an autoclave or oven during manufacture of composite materials to achieve full polymerization. The reinforcement in a prepreg can be unidirectional fibers or a fabric.
Prepregs are being increasingly used in high performance applications in the composites industry and also in other sectors. Some key areas where prepregs currently find use are listed below:
- Aircraft interiors, aerospace components, aircraft flooring, cargo liners.
- Automotive parts and components, tooling, ballistic panels.
- A/C ducting, electronic-transmission applications.
- UV resistant parts, sporting goods, high temperature parts.
- Honeycomb and foam panels, flame retardant laminates.
- Carbon-carbon composites, high-rise flooring, high impact surfaces.
- UAVs, seatbacks.