Concrete Sealer Crystal Gloss – 1kg
- Provides a totally clear membrane for new concrete or old concrete.
- Seals all surfaces, providing glossy appearance and easier clean-up.
- Hardens new concrete by promoting a proper cure for improved abrasion resistance.
- Dustproofs concrete with a tough, durable film.
- Will not yellow under ultraviolet exposure.
- Enhances colour of natural stone.
Concrete Sealer Crystal Gloss – 1kg Physical/Typical Properties at 25°C
- Drying Time 10 Minutes
- Total Solids 20% Flash Point 29°C
- Number of Components 1
- Allow product to dry for 1 to 2 hours before exposure to traffic
- Shelf Life 2 Years in original, unopened container
- Coverage – Curing and Sealing Concrete:
- First Coat 6 to 8m²/litre
- Optional Second Coat 7 to 9m²/litre
- Coverage – Stone Sealing:
- First Coat 10 to 12m²/litre
- Optional Second Coat 12 to 14m²/litre
- Coverage will vary from the above rates, depending on surface porosity and texture.
- VOC 660 g/l
Concrete Sealer Crystal Gloss is a clear liquid. After application and drying this product offers a clear, slightly glossy film which enriches the natural substrate colour.
ASTM C-309, Type 1, Class B
AMT Concrete Sealer is packaged in 1, 5 and 20 Kg pails.
Directions for Use
The concrete surface must be clean and free of standing water. Remove any sealer or other material that may prevent adhesion of the Concrete Sealer.
AMT Concrete Sealer requires no pre-blending and should be used directly from the container.
Apply at a uniform coverage by spray or roller application. Product may be sprayed with a hand-held “pump up” sprayer or with an airless industrial sprayer. If roller applied, use a short napped solvent resistant sleeve. Do not over-roll as PRODUCT NAME is very fast drying and the product will web.
For the best cure of freshly placed concrete, apply AMT Concrete Sealer as soon as possible after finishing operations and/or immediately after the disappearance of the “sheen” of surface moisture.
When sealing, the surface must be clean and free of standing water. Remove contaminants and stains such as waxes, grease and oil with strong soaps or caustic rather than acids. Badly worn or porous areas may need a second application to attain a uniform seal and surface gloss.
Tools and equipment may be cleaned with AMT Concrete Sealer Brush Cleaner. Run cleaning solvent through spray equipment to remove residual materials and prevent clogging of nozzle in future use.
Dried, cured sealer may be removed with strong solvents such as Concrete Seal Thinner. Also acceptable are commercial paint strippers (always heed directions and warning labels).
Alternatively, the sealer can be removed by sandblasting or by other similar mechanical action.
- Material will not freeze in storage but should be allowed to rise to 4°C before application.
- Do not apply when concrete surfaces or ambient temperatures are below 4°C
- Do not apply over bleed water or free standing water.
- Use with adequate ventilation and keep away from open flames. If solvent odour is objectionable, use a water-based product for Concrete Curing.
- Although compatible with many carpet, tile and foot covering adhesives, a test section is recommended.
- Do not use as a bond breaker for tilt-up construction.
- HVAC intake ducts will distribute solvent odour into adjoining occupied areas of the building; care should be taken to block these ventilation vents.
- No heavy traffic until product has cured.
- Do not use in areas subjected to hot grease or oils.
- Not resistant to gasoline or brake fluid.