Teroson MS 939
- Teroson MS 939 is a gun-grade, one-component adhesive/sealant based on silane modified polymers, which cures by reaction with moisture to an elastic product.
- The skin formation and curing times are dependent on humidity and temperature, and the curing time also depends on joint depth. By increasing the temperature and moisture these times can be reduced; low temperature as well as low moisture retard the process
- Teroson MS 939 is particularly sag-resistant leading to a high position tack after matching of the parts to be bonded.
- Teroson MS 939 is free of solvents, isocyanates, silicones and PVC.
- It demonstrates good adhesion to many substrates and is compatible with suitable paint systems
- The sealant also demonstrates good UV resistance and can therefore be used for interior and exterior applications TEROSON MS 939 demonstrates the strength necessary for elastic bonding.
- Teroson MS 939 allows accelerated curing as two-component material.
|Agency Approvals / Specifications||DIN EN ISO 868, DIN 53504|
|Cure Rate||3.0 hr.|
|Elongation, at break||250.0 %|
|FEA (Finite Element Analysis)||Finite Strain|
|Full Cure Time||24.0 hr.|
|Tensile Strength, ISO 37||3.0 MPa|
Prior to use
Prior to use it is necessary to read the Material Safety Data Sheet for information about precautionary measures and safety recommendations. Also, for chemical products exempt from compulsory labeling, the relevant precautions should always be observed.
The substrates must be clean, dry, oil- and grease free. Depending on the surface it can be necessary to roughen the surface or to use a primer/adhesion promoter to provide best adhesion.
When manufacturing plastics, external release agents are often used; these agents must be accurately removed prior to starting bonding or sealing. Due to the different compositions of paints,
especially powder paints and the large number of different substrates, application trials before use are necessary.
Especially for plastics and coatings – powder coatings – TEROSON SB 450 has to be tested.
When bonding and sealing PMMA, e.g. Plexiglas®, and polycarbonate, e.g. Makrolon® or Lexan®, under tension, stress corrosion cracking may occur. Application trials before use are necessary. There is no adhesion to polyethylene, polypropylene and PTFE. Substrates not mentioned above should be subject to trials
Application from 290 ml cartridges is made with the TEROSON Hand or Air Pressure Pistols, and from foil cartridges (310 and 570 ml) with the corresponding FK-Hand or FK-Air Pressure Pistols. In
the case of compressed air application a pressure of 2 to 5 bar is required. Low material temperatures of the sealant will lead to an increase of viscosity, resulting in a lower extrusion rate. This can be avoided by bringing the sealant up to room temperature prior to application
TEROSON MS 939 can also be applied from hobbocks or drums with high pressure pumps with follower plates.
For cleaning application equipment contaminated with uncured TEROSON MS 939 we recommend the use of cleaners + diluents TEROSON VR 30 or TEROSON VR 10.
Recommended storage temperature °C: 10 to 25
Shelf-life (in unopened original packaging): 12 months